Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

30 min & A Week of Lunches

I'm tired of scrambling school mornings, making breakfast, doing hair, & packing lunches. 

Last week I said,
"I wish there was a way to make the week's lunches all at once."

I figured it out! 
"Duh. why didn't I do this before?"
Here it is. Two boxes.
One box stays in the fridge, one on the shelf. 
Each day I grab stuff and throw it in their lunch bags. 
Easy Peasy.

BOX 1: Refrigerated items. Here's ideas to put in it:
  • cheese in baggies
  • cut up fruit in containers (melon, peaches, strawberries)
  • cut up veggies in containers (carrots, peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes)
  • little containers of dips (ranch, hummus, peanut butter)
  • Sandwiches. PPJ don't work that well, but meat sandwiches do. Keeping a sandwich in the fridge for 5 says is possible, put the mayo between the layers of meat/cheese. It keeps the bread from getting soggy.
  • Applesauce, canned fruit, Yogurt. See those containers on the right in the picture? I got those so I spend less on serving size items. Works for 
BOX 2: Shelf items. Here's ideas to put in it:


  • Fill servings in baggies: crackers, chips, rice cakes, cereal, granola, popcorn
  • granola bars
  • fruit leather
  • nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment